First Presbyterian Church of Paris, TN
We are at the corner of W Blythe St and South Market St in Paris, TN.
We are located at 105 S Market St, Paris, TN
Who are We?
First Presbyterian Church of Paris, TN service starts at 11:00 AM every Sunday. We do have a nursery for children who are 5 years of age or younger.
The history of the First Presbyterian Church of Paris dates considerably more than 100 years, possibly as early as 1820. A small band of Presbyterians bought the property and built a house of worship and a manse on North Market Street between 1820 and 1830. Ten persons, nine men, and one woman, each gave $100 toward the cost. We managed to use a couple of different buildings in the Paris area. We have used the Paris Lodge in the 1860s and the city hall in the early 1900s and then we purchased our current lot from the Mason's in 1913. We laid our cornerstone in 1916 and we have been in the building ever since. Our memberships currently are about 100, we have seen ups and downs in the church's history and we are currently seeing an increase in visitors and we are excited to continue to see the church grow and last several hundred more years. Why don't you be our next visit and see why we are so special?